Monday 17 October 2016

Where has the time gone?

 

Here it is almost the middle of October.  Weather has continued to be warmer than normal. Even with that I have been doing some decorating  for  Autumn .... Halloween.  This fellow   adds a welcome on the front porch after I put away   summer chairs and table....
Then inside pulled out my Dickens Village to   dress   mantel. for  Halloween.

 
 
Small  touches  but   since I had planned a  vacation for a week   needed to get   this done.  I like to leave the  Village out until  March  changing items  for Christmas as well.   
 
So the first week of October  I  climbed aboard a tour bus ..heading to Sault Ste Marie.
 
On to   Agawa Canyon Train to take in the gorgeous Autumn colours   of  northern Ontario.
 
 
 
 
 Gorgeous   60 %  colour on the hills
It was cloudy for part of the day and then the sun came out  the colours were dazzling.
 
 
Hydrofoil to  Mackinac Island

Main Street

Grand Hotel for lunch

Tour  group picture on  red carpeted  stairs of the Grand Hotel
 
 
 Delicious  buffet  at the Grand
I can't   say enough of the beauty of Mackinac Island  . Lovely homes , gardens . Crystal clear air.   Clip clop of horse hooves,  bicycles everywhere.
Dahlia fence  in front of  cottage.
Back on the bus to  Frankenmuth 

Bavarian Inn Lodge.

River Walk 

Bronners was  a must
 
 
 

No comments: